Sunday 7 May 2017

#try20 challenge week 1

It's hard to believe we're already a week into May & National Walking Month! 
Where does the time go?! 

So how's the first week of the #try20 challenge gone and how am I feeling about it?
My Week :
Monday - true to the challenge 20min evening walk
Tuesday - 30 min evening walk
Wednesday - walked 30 min to work (+ 20 min run before work)
Thursday - 30 min walk from work to the station
Friday - 30 min evening walk (+ 30 min after work run)
Saturday - walked around town & got a lot of errands done
Sunday - Ran a Half marathon & walked home (55 min)

So I'm pleased to say I managed to keep up with the challenge! I also didn't take my runs as the 20 minute walks for this week. Running and walking for me have a completely different feeling (physically and mentally), and so I wanted to stay true to the challenge (at least for this week).

How has it made me feel?

The things I've enjoyed most about this is getting outside & getting fresh air every single day of the week. I never normally do this and it really helps me unwind, even if only briefly, while I'm out walking.

One thing I really liked too which I guess I wasn't really expecting was that nearly every walk I went on there was some people that said hello in passing. I really like it when this happens, as it really doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I smile and say good morning/afternoon and get no response or even looks of slight disgust. I get it that I'm a stranger, but what happened to saying a friendly hello to your neighbours?! So anyway, I loved that there was a few friendly hellos thrown in and it made me feel a bit lighter and uplifted.

Conclusion : Week 1 was a success! 

My Week 1 challenge was get snappy this weekend - so here is my compulsory half marathon pic from this weekend :D! 


If you want to see what challenges I'm taking on in the next few weeks check out my last post :)!

Are you doing the challenge?
If so how did you get on and how are you making sure that you get the time in?
Comment below and let me know - I would love to hear from you.

If you want to get involved why not start walking everyday from now?
You could still make the rest of may or if you want to take on a full month just carry the days you missed over into next month! No excuses :)!

Bring on week 2!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Until next time - always remember, that sometimes, freedom is only a run away.


#runyourmindfree

No comments:

Post a Comment